Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in joining our growing collaborative community. To discover what type of
organization makes a great fit to also learning about the benefits of membership, please read below.
What is open gov and what is open gov hub?
Check out the full story of how our community was created plus learn about how we define opengov work here to see if your organization would make a good fit for our space.
Who can join open gov hub?
Our primary membership requirement is that prospective members fit within the opengov theme and focus of our community. We also look for organizations or individuals who are eager to participate in and actively contribute to a collaborative community of continual innovation and learning.
Applications from prospective members are reviewed and approved by the Hub Steering Committee made up of representatives from current member organizations. Note that the Hub operates at full capacity, so the average wait time before move in is about 3 months.
What are the benefits of being a member?
▪ Access to 150+ annual programs and events, many of which are members-only - including workshops, working groups, skillshare groups, and more
▪ 24/7 access to collegial, productive workspace and environment
▪ Staffing support and introductions and resources from the Open Gov Hub team, tailored to your needs
▪ Like-minded, supportive community
▪ Three membership options: full member, hot desk member, and virtual member
▪ Modern 4,000 sq. ft. event space in downtown for your public and private events. Full members receive free bookings on this space; other membership types receive a discounted rate.
▪ Access to 23 diverse meeting rooms, many with videoconferencing and TVs in LEED-certified building in downtown Washington D.C.
▪ Basic IT support and event planning support
▪ Regular promotion for your work and events by tapping into the broader Hub network
▪ Free coffee and tea, plus kitchen access
▪ High-speed, fiber internet
▪ Locker access and storage, including for bikes
▪ Daytime access to beautiful building Tenant Amenity Lounge, with billiards, ping pong, air hockey, shuffleboard, TVs, and a 24-person conference room
▪ 24/7 access to renovated fitness center in building, and free Yoga classes twice a week
▪ Passport partners with Open Gov Hub in San Francisco, Denver, Toronto, New York City, and Miami.