Please join NDI and the OpenGov Hub community for an event with recipients of NDI's 2013 Democracy Award. This year's award honors "The Civic Innovator," in recognition of an emerging class of creative and entrepreneurial individuals who are using technology to help advance and improve democracy in the digital age. We're pleased to feature a number of the award winners in a conversation about the nature of civic innovation and its implications for democracy around the world.
- Belabbés Benkredda - Founder, The @Munathara Initiative (Tunisia)
- Gregor Hackmack - Co-Founder, Parliament Watch (Germany)
- Ginny Hunt - Strategy Principal, Google's Civics Team (United States)
- Swati Ramanathan - Co-Founder, Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy (India)
- Vukosava Crnjanski Sabovic - Founder and Director, Center for Research, Transparency and Accountability (Serbia)
The discussion will be moderated by Alex Howard, a fellow at the Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia Journalism School and the Ash Center at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, and former Washington Correspondent for O’Reilly Media.
NDI Board Member Robin Carnahan, former Missouri Secretary of State, will give opening remarks, followed by a brief introduction to the OpenGov Hub community from Nathaniel Heller, Executive Director of Global Integrity.