March is upon us and it's set to be our maddest month yet at the OpenGov Hub. Join us each week of March for Brown Bag Lunches (BBL) to hear OpenGov Hub tenant organizations and guest speakers discuss their work, as well as special Happy Hours to delve deeper into a number of topics over food and drink.
We will be updating this page with registration links over the coming weeks, so stay tuned and watch this space. And if you have any questions, feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Tuesday, March 5th: BBL with Akvo - get the latest on what Akvo is doing as it strives to improve the way projects are implemented in some of the poorest parts of the world, making them more effective, efficient, sustainable and visible.
- Tuesday, March 12th: BBL with Elissa Silverman - Elissa will discuss her experiences interacting with the DC city government, both as a reporter for the Washington Post and as Communications Director for the D.C. Fiscal Policy Institute.
- Wednesday, March 13th: Info session with Reboot - learn about Reboot's approach to solving complex issues, designing solutions and how their models of engagement are reshaping the relationship between citizens and institutions acting in the public interest.
- Wednesday, March 13th: "eDip" Happy Hour - Join the State Department and OpenGov Hub for a happy hour and series of lightning talks around the theme of eDiplomacy and current project work in this area.
- Tuesday, March 19th: BBL with the Open Institute - Muchiri Nyaggha, the Open Institute's Executive Director, will be in DC this week and come by the OpenGov Hub to share info on the Institute's work.
- Tuesday, March 19th: ICT & Open Contracting Happy Hour - Join the World Bank Institute and OpenGov Hub for a happy hour and series of presentations and talks on ways that ICT can support transparency, accountability and citizen participation.
- Wednesday, March 20th: BBL with Avina - The Avina Foundation will talk about their newest project, a partnership with the Omidyar Foundation for a three-year fund to support the acceleration and replication of civic apps in Latin American cities.
- Wednesday, March 20th: Open Budget Happy Hour - join IBP and the OpenGov Hub over a drink or two to discuss the results of the 2012 Open Budget Survey and the new tools they've developed for it, including the Data Explorer.
- Wednesday, March 27th: #DevCliches Happy Hour - it's time to get ourselves to #DevCliches rehab to get our pitches and speeches back to reality, using real words that actually mean things, instead of the same tired hollow phrases.
- Thursday, March 28th: BBL with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation - Christina Nelson will present the work of the Foundation in general, as well as the Ibrahim Index of African Governance (IIAG) more specifically.
A huge lineup - so mark these dates and times in your calendars and see you shortly at the OpenGov Hub!