This is a huge week at the hub -- we're doing the bulk of the build-out and prep work to make the space functional for tenants and the public come October 1. Here's a quick run-down of what's happening:
- Monday: continue touch-up paining and prep work begun on Saturday; set-up high-speed wifi network for hub tenants.
- Monday evening: new furniture arrives hours earlier than scheduled via massive truck, unexpectedly temporarily blocking 19th Street to the chagrin of the DC police.
- Tuesday and Wednesday: install amazing new Steelcase workstations; power up and wire workstations, hopefully avoiding electrocution; paint entrance area walls with IdeaPaint.
- Thursday: complete furniture install process; clean carpets; finish any touch-up painting and related work.; install new signage and tenant logos.
- Friday: deal with everything that fell behind Monday through Thursday.
If you're interested in swinging by to see the chaos in action this week, ding hub manager Christina Crawley at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a drop-in.