Every year RightsCon brings together activists, technologists, policy makers, and business and government representatives to talk about the current state of human rights in the digital age.
Members from the Open Gov Hub community attended this year's RightsCon in Toronto on May 16-18, and we want to share all that we learned (or didn't learn) with you during this brownbag lecture.
Dhanaraj Thakur (Web Foundation), Kristi Arbogast (Open Gov Hub), and Ulrich Mans (Political & Legal Advisor on Human Rights and UN Affairs) will be presenting, so come eager to learn and ask questions about:
- algorithmic accountability
- discussions between the AI ethics, open data, and privacy communities
- data privacy
- human rights defender technology
- the digital divide and gender gap
- artificial intelligence in low and middle income countries