NDI, IFES, DAI, and the OpenGov Hub are pleased to invite you to the February 2016 #tech4dem Happy Hour featuring the $100,000 Innovation in Action Challenge, presented by DAI, USAID’s Global Development Lab, Montgomery County, and Global Accelerator Network. The challenge’s goal is to generate and incubate fresh solutions in six areas of international development:
1) Data Analytics: Improving monitoring, service delivery, and impact of development projects
2) Climate Change Adaptation: Helping monitor and respond to changes in the environment
3) Agriculture: Improve and secure food production and distribution.
4) Workforce Development: Equipping young people with skills and opportunities to connect to the labor market
5) Governance and Services: Fostering dialogue between governments and citizens
6) Knowledge Management: Facilitating learning and collaboration among development partners
Join #tech4dem on Wednesday, February 24th at the OpenGovHub to meet the people behind the Challenge and mingle with like-minded professionals. DAI will give a short presentation with Q&A.
Drinks and snacks will be provided.
Applications are due—four days later—on Feb 28th, so this will be a final, critical chance to ask questions before you apply.
THREE winners will receive:
- $20,000 in seed funding
- Matchmaking with an active DAI project
- A field visit to that project for testing and market analysis
- Access to a network of innovation accelerator professionals through DAI’s challenge partners
- Coaching to refine their pitch with an eye to the commercialization of their product
For more information on the challenge, eligibility requirements and to start your application, visit: http://bit.ly/dai-challenge
The #Tech4Dem Happy Hour series is a community forum for groups working in the ICT for democracy space and is organized by the National Democratic Institute (NDI), the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) and Development Alternatives Inc. (DAI). Sign up for our mailing list.