Become a Member
Thank you for your interest in joining the OpenGov Hub!
APPLY TO BECOME A MEMBER with the form below.
What is the OpenGov Hub?
The OpenGov Hub is a co-working community in downtown Washington, DC that serves as the day-to-day home to over 200 people working on open government issues. The 20,000 square foot Hub serves as a focal point for collaboration, innovation and learning for a wide variety of organizations working to advance open government/governance (“opengov”) reforms.
How Do You Define “OpenGov” Work?
All members at the Hub work on some aspect of opengov issues. We take a "big tent" approach and welcome people pursuing open government activities in the broadest sense, including but not limited to work on: transparency, accountability, anti-corruption, citizen participation, technology, and advocacy.
Background on the Hub
The Hub was established in 2012 by Global Integrity and Development Gateway, with a small group of founding members. It was created to provide groups in this field greater efficiency through shared resources, especially for smaller organizations. Today, the Hub has grown to include about 40 member organizations. Many Hub members work in international development; however, all organizations and individuals who work on opengov issues are welcomed.
Benefits of Membership
- Collegial, productive working environment
- Like-minded, supportive community
- Robust event programming (including members-only working groups, workshops, etc.)
- Access to event/conference space (for larger meetings and public and private events; on first come, first served basis)
- Tech, marketing and event planning support
- Access to 23 diverse meeting rooms (some with videoconferencing and TV)
- Coffee and tea (and kitchen access)
- High-speed, fiber internet
- Storage and locker access
- 24 hour gym access (in building)
- Tenant lounge (with ping pong, billiards, air hockey, and shuffleboard)
- Access to partner co-working spaces in other cities
Who Can Join?
We look for organizations/individuals who work on some aspect of opengov issues, and who are eager to participate in a collaborative community of innovation and learning. Prospective members are approved by the Hub Steering Committee (made up of representatives from current member organizations).
We currently offer two types of membership: full or hot desk membership. Full membership includes your own designated workspace and full access to all our membership benefits. Meanwhile, hot desk membership provides access to shared desks and is designed individuals/organizations who only need occasional workspace (about 1 day a week on average), but who still want to be fully plugged in with the OpenGov Hub network and other community benefits.
If you would like to explore the possibility of joining, please contact us as early as possible. To schedule a tour or for more information, please contact the OpenGov Hub Manager, Nada Zohdy, at email@example.com or 202-449-8124.
How can I apply?
To be formally considered for membership, please complete the short application below.
Note that the Hub typically operates at full capacity. The current average wait time between an initial inquiry and moving in is about two to three months.